Mizoram submits report of Bru repatriation to Cent
Aizawl: The Mizoram government has submitted a report of the fourth phase of Bru repatriation to the Union Home Ministry.
State Home Minister R Lalzirliana said the reactions from the Union Ministry was being awaited.
During the fourth phase of repatriation which commenced from April 26 and concluded on May 15, only seven Bru families returned to Mizoram from the relief camps in North Tripura district while 669 families were expected to return.
The anti-repatriation elements among the refugees including Mizoram Bru Displaced Peoples Forum (MBDPF) leaders made several demands and conditions before returning to Mizoram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit