Mizoram submits report of Bru repatriation to Cent
Aizawl: The Mizoram government has submitted a report of the fourth phase of Bru repatriation to the Union Home Ministry.
State Home Minister R Lalzirliana said the reactions from the Union Ministry was being awaited.
During the fourth phase of repatriation which commenced from April 26 and concluded on May 15, only seven Bru families returned to Mizoram from the relief camps in North Tripura district while 669 families were expected to return.
The anti-repatriation elements among the refugees including Mizoram Bru Displaced Peoples Forum (MBDPF) leaders made several demands and conditions before returning to Mizoram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Nearly two lakh students appear for JEE (Advanced) exam
- Greek parliament approves controversial new bailout measures
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`