Mizoram submits report of Bru repatriation to Cent
Aizawl: The Mizoram government has submitted a report of the fourth phase of Bru repatriation to the Union Home Ministry.
State Home Minister R Lalzirliana said the reactions from the Union Ministry was being awaited.
During the fourth phase of repatriation which commenced from April 26 and concluded on May 15, only seven Bru families returned to Mizoram from the relief camps in North Tripura district while 669 families were expected to return.
The anti-repatriation elements among the refugees including Mizoram Bru Displaced Peoples Forum (MBDPF) leaders made several demands and conditions before returning to Mizoram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam