Mizoram urges Bangla govt to improve roads
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla on Thursday appealed to the Bangladesh government to carry
out improvement of roads in border areas for the success of
At a meeting here with a delegation of Bangladesh
government led by Dipankar Talukdar, Minister for Chittagong
Hill Tracts, Lal Thanhawla said that Mizoram government also
made efforts to improve the road communication to the proposed
border trade centre for Indo-Bangladesh trade in southern
Praising Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina`s interests to
cement ties with India, he said that the recent meeting held
in Dhaka with Hasina`s council of ministers with Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh was a success.
Lal Thanhawla was one of the chief ministers who
accompanied Singh in the Bangladesh visit.
Talukdar said that his government would soon complete
the groundwork for opening the border trade centre in Mizoram.
He apprised Lal Thanhawla that some border trade centres
with Tripura state have become operational recently.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan