Mizoram urges Bangla govt to improve roads
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla on Thursday appealed to the Bangladesh government to carry
out improvement of roads in border areas for the success of
At a meeting here with a delegation of Bangladesh
government led by Dipankar Talukdar, Minister for Chittagong
Hill Tracts, Lal Thanhawla said that Mizoram government also
made efforts to improve the road communication to the proposed
border trade centre for Indo-Bangladesh trade in southern
Praising Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina`s interests to
cement ties with India, he said that the recent meeting held
in Dhaka with Hasina`s council of ministers with Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh was a success.
Lal Thanhawla was one of the chief ministers who
accompanied Singh in the Bangladesh visit.
Talukdar said that his government would soon complete
the groundwork for opening the border trade centre in Mizoram.
He apprised Lal Thanhawla that some border trade centres
with Tripura state have become operational recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics