Mizoram urges Bangla govt to improve roads
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla on Thursday appealed to the Bangladesh government to carry
out improvement of roads in border areas for the success of
At a meeting here with a delegation of Bangladesh
government led by Dipankar Talukdar, Minister for Chittagong
Hill Tracts, Lal Thanhawla said that Mizoram government also
made efforts to improve the road communication to the proposed
border trade centre for Indo-Bangladesh trade in southern
Praising Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina`s interests to
cement ties with India, he said that the recent meeting held
in Dhaka with Hasina`s council of ministers with Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh was a success.
Lal Thanhawla was one of the chief ministers who
accompanied Singh in the Bangladesh visit.
Talukdar said that his government would soon complete
the groundwork for opening the border trade centre in Mizoram.
He apprised Lal Thanhawla that some border trade centres
with Tripura state have become operational recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief