Mizoram: Zuala allotted portfolio
Aizawl: Ruling Congress legislator Lt
Colonel Z S Zuala, who was sworn-in as a Parliamentary Secretary in Mizoram was allotted portfolio today and he would assist two cabinet ministers - J H Rothuama and H Rohluna.
According to the notification issued by the state government said that Zuala would assist Rothuama, minister for Excise and Narcotics, Revenue and Land Settlement and Cooperation departments while he would also assist Rohluna, the minister for food, civil supplies and consumer affairs and Environment and Forests.
Parliamentary Secretaries were placed at the rank of ministers of states in their functions and salaries and other perks while government files were routed through them before being put up to the ministers.
Zuala was appointed six months after the demise of Chawngtinthanga, parliamentary secretary for Education and Law and Judicial departments assisting minister Lalsawta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test