Mizoram: Zuala allotted portfolio
Aizawl: Ruling Congress legislator Lt
Colonel Z S Zuala, who was sworn-in as a Parliamentary Secretary in Mizoram was allotted portfolio today and he would assist two cabinet ministers - J H Rothuama and H Rohluna.
According to the notification issued by the state government said that Zuala would assist Rothuama, minister for Excise and Narcotics, Revenue and Land Settlement and Cooperation departments while he would also assist Rohluna, the minister for food, civil supplies and consumer affairs and Environment and Forests.
Parliamentary Secretaries were placed at the rank of ministers of states in their functions and salaries and other perks while government files were routed through them before being put up to the ministers.
Zuala was appointed six months after the demise of Chawngtinthanga, parliamentary secretary for Education and Law and Judicial departments assisting minister Lalsawta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Odisha CM directs administration to be ready to tackle floods
- Austrian GP: Mercedes drier Nico Rosberg targets hat-trick on Sunday
- Govt will push GST bill passage in monsoon session: Naidu
- AAP legislator Dinesh Mohaniya, accused of sexually harassing woman, gets bail
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Here's what Iulia Vantur advised the actor!