Mizoram: Zuala allotted portfolio
Aizawl: Ruling Congress legislator Lt
Colonel Z S Zuala, who was sworn-in as a Parliamentary Secretary in Mizoram was allotted portfolio today and he would assist two cabinet ministers - J H Rothuama and H Rohluna.
According to the notification issued by the state government said that Zuala would assist Rothuama, minister for Excise and Narcotics, Revenue and Land Settlement and Cooperation departments while he would also assist Rohluna, the minister for food, civil supplies and consumer affairs and Environment and Forests.
Parliamentary Secretaries were placed at the rank of ministers of states in their functions and salaries and other perks while government files were routed through them before being put up to the ministers.
Zuala was appointed six months after the demise of Chawngtinthanga, parliamentary secretary for Education and Law and Judicial departments assisting minister Lalsawta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Pakistan forces seal MQM party headquarters after TV station attack
- Suspended AAP MP Dharamvira Gandhi floats new front
- Now, get your email address in Hindi
- None of your concern, says Indian Army after China's warning over deployment of BrahMos missile in Arunachal
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam