Mizoram: Zuala allotted portfolio
Aizawl: Ruling Congress legislator Lt
Colonel Z S Zuala, who was sworn-in as a Parliamentary Secretary in Mizoram was allotted portfolio today and he would assist two cabinet ministers - J H Rothuama and H Rohluna.
According to the notification issued by the state government said that Zuala would assist Rothuama, minister for Excise and Narcotics, Revenue and Land Settlement and Cooperation departments while he would also assist Rohluna, the minister for food, civil supplies and consumer affairs and Environment and Forests.
Parliamentary Secretaries were placed at the rank of ministers of states in their functions and salaries and other perks while government files were routed through them before being put up to the ministers.
Zuala was appointed six months after the demise of Chawngtinthanga, parliamentary secretary for Education and Law and Judicial departments assisting minister Lalsawta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray