Mizoram`s Assembly adjourned sine die
Aizawl: The 23-day-long Budget Session of Mizoram Assembly, after being extended for a day, was adjourned sine die by Speaker R Romawia on Thursday.
The session began on March 12 and State Governor Vakkom Purushothaman delivered his customary address in the Assembly on the first day and the state annual budget was presented by Finance Minister H Liansailova on March 15 which was passed by the legislature on March 28.
Four government bills, including one amendment bill, were adopted by the State Assembly while two private resolutions - one moved by an opposition member and another one by a ruling member were adopted.
One private bill and one private resolution, both moved by K Liantlinga of the Zoram Nationalist Party (ZNP) were rejected by the Assembly by a voice vote during the course of the session.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference