Mizoram`s Assembly adjourned sine die
Aizawl: The 23-day-long Budget Session of Mizoram Assembly, after being extended for a day, was adjourned sine die by Speaker R Romawia on Thursday.
The session began on March 12 and State Governor Vakkom Purushothaman delivered his customary address in the Assembly on the first day and the state annual budget was presented by Finance Minister H Liansailova on March 15 which was passed by the legislature on March 28.
Four government bills, including one amendment bill, were adopted by the State Assembly while two private resolutions - one moved by an opposition member and another one by a ruling member were adopted.
One private bill and one private resolution, both moved by K Liantlinga of the Zoram Nationalist Party (ZNP) were rejected by the Assembly by a voice vote during the course of the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa