Mizoram`s Assembly adjourned sine die
Aizawl: The 23-day-long Budget Session of Mizoram Assembly, after being extended for a day, was adjourned sine die by Speaker R Romawia on Thursday.
The session began on March 12 and State Governor Vakkom Purushothaman delivered his customary address in the Assembly on the first day and the state annual budget was presented by Finance Minister H Liansailova on March 15 which was passed by the legislature on March 28.
Four government bills, including one amendment bill, were adopted by the State Assembly while two private resolutions - one moved by an opposition member and another one by a ruling member were adopted.
One private bill and one private resolution, both moved by K Liantlinga of the Zoram Nationalist Party (ZNP) were rejected by the Assembly by a voice vote during the course of the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry