Mizoram`s Assembly adjourned sine die
Aizawl: The 23-day-long Budget Session of Mizoram Assembly, after being extended for a day, was adjourned sine die by Speaker R Romawia on Thursday.
The session began on March 12 and State Governor Vakkom Purushothaman delivered his customary address in the Assembly on the first day and the state annual budget was presented by Finance Minister H Liansailova on March 15 which was passed by the legislature on March 28.
Four government bills, including one amendment bill, were adopted by the State Assembly while two private resolutions - one moved by an opposition member and another one by a ruling member were adopted.
One private bill and one private resolution, both moved by K Liantlinga of the Zoram Nationalist Party (ZNP) were rejected by the Assembly by a voice vote during the course of the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares wide view of Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming from space!
- 1st Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...
- Bail plea of Amanatullah Khan, accused of threatening woman with rape and murder, to be heard today
- Bhagwant Mann FB video row: Deadline for AAP MP to depose before parliamentary panel ends today
- Donald Trump was 'being sarcastic' over Russia hacking comments