Mizoram`s Assembly adjourned sine die
Aizawl: The 23-day-long Budget Session of Mizoram Assembly, after being extended for a day, was adjourned sine die by Speaker R Romawia on Thursday.
The session began on March 12 and State Governor Vakkom Purushothaman delivered his customary address in the Assembly on the first day and the state annual budget was presented by Finance Minister H Liansailova on March 15 which was passed by the legislature on March 28.
Four government bills, including one amendment bill, were adopted by the State Assembly while two private resolutions - one moved by an opposition member and another one by a ruling member were adopted.
One private bill and one private resolution, both moved by K Liantlinga of the Zoram Nationalist Party (ZNP) were rejected by the Assembly by a voice vote during the course of the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players