MK Preshow elected deputy speaker of Manipur Assem
Imphal: Congress MLA MK Preshow was on Monday unanimously elected Deputy Speaker of the Manipur Assembly.
Announcing this in the house after question hour, Speaker Th Lokeshore said Preshow was the lone candidate who filed papers for the post on the last day of filing nomination papers on Friday last.
After the announcement, Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh and opposition leader I Ibohalbi escorted Preshow to his chair.
Singh, Ibohalbi and Nationalist Congress Party MLA L Ibomcha congratulated the new deputy speaker expressing the hope that he would discharge his duty without any bias.
Thanking the members of the house, Preshow (47), a Master of Engineering degree holder (Environment), said he would protect the dignity and decency of the house while discharging his duty.
Preshow was elected from Chingai Assembly constituency in Manipur`s interior Ukhrul district and is also president of the Kickboxing Association Manipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof