MNF and MPC reach poll agreement in Mizoram
Aizawl: The Mizo National Front and the Mizoram People`s Conference have agreed to forge an alliance for the December-4 state assembly polls in the state, MNF sources said on Friday.
MNF has decided to contest 32 seats of the 40-member Assembly, leaving eight seats for MPC, the sources said.
Identification of seats for the two parties would be taken up later.
Earlier, the breakaway group of the MPC, the People`s Conference Party led by Lalhmingthanga merged with the MNF.
MNF is led by former Chief Minister Zoramthanga and MPC by Lalhmangaiha Sailo, a retired Indian Revenue Service officer and son of former Chief Minister Brig Thenphunga Sailo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa