MNF and MPC reach poll agreement in Mizoram
Aizawl: The Mizo National Front and the Mizoram People`s Conference have agreed to forge an alliance for the December-4 state assembly polls in the state, MNF sources said on Friday.
MNF has decided to contest 32 seats of the 40-member Assembly, leaving eight seats for MPC, the sources said.
Identification of seats for the two parties would be taken up later.
Earlier, the breakaway group of the MPC, the People`s Conference Party led by Lalhmingthanga merged with the MNF.
MNF is led by former Chief Minister Zoramthanga and MPC by Lalhmangaiha Sailo, a retired Indian Revenue Service officer and son of former Chief Minister Brig Thenphunga Sailo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter