MNF and MPC reach poll agreement in Mizoram
Aizawl: The Mizo National Front and the Mizoram People`s Conference have agreed to forge an alliance for the December-4 state assembly polls in the state, MNF sources said on Friday.
MNF has decided to contest 32 seats of the 40-member Assembly, leaving eight seats for MPC, the sources said.
Identification of seats for the two parties would be taken up later.
Earlier, the breakaway group of the MPC, the People`s Conference Party led by Lalhmingthanga merged with the MNF.
MNF is led by former Chief Minister Zoramthanga and MPC by Lalhmangaiha Sailo, a retired Indian Revenue Service officer and son of former Chief Minister Brig Thenphunga Sailo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'