MNF, MDF MLAs walk out of Assembly during Guv address
Aizawl: Three members of the Opposition Mizo National Front (MNF) and the lone member of its junior partner Mara Democratic Front (MDF) on Tuesday staged a walk-out from the state Assembly during the Governor`s address.
Leader of the Opposition and former minister R Lalthangliana stood up while Governor Vakkom Purushothaman was speaking about the New Land Use Policy (NLUP), the flagship programme of the government, and accused the Congress government of "cheating" the people while implementing the NLUP.
Lalthangliana alleged that the NLUP was funded through the state plan while the government claimed that it was funded from the Prime Minister`s special package and the common man suffered due to massive diversion of plan fund.
He also claimed that according to a study conducted by the Synod Social Front of the Presbyterian Church, more than 98 per cent of the NLUP beneficiaries belonged to the ruling party and accused the state government of using public money for political gains.
The unperturbed Governor continued his speech while the four legislators stormed out of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees