MNF, MDF MLAs walk out of Assembly during Guv address
Aizawl: Three members of the Opposition Mizo National Front (MNF) and the lone member of its junior partner Mara Democratic Front (MDF) on Tuesday staged a walk-out from the state Assembly during the Governor`s address.
Leader of the Opposition and former minister R Lalthangliana stood up while Governor Vakkom Purushothaman was speaking about the New Land Use Policy (NLUP), the flagship programme of the government, and accused the Congress government of "cheating" the people while implementing the NLUP.
Lalthangliana alleged that the NLUP was funded through the state plan while the government claimed that it was funded from the Prime Minister`s special package and the common man suffered due to massive diversion of plan fund.
He also claimed that according to a study conducted by the Synod Social Front of the Presbyterian Church, more than 98 per cent of the NLUP beneficiaries belonged to the ruling party and accused the state government of using public money for political gains.
The unperturbed Governor continued his speech while the four legislators stormed out of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents