MNF, MDF MLAs walk out of Assembly during Guv address
Aizawl: Three members of the Opposition Mizo National Front (MNF) and the lone member of its junior partner Mara Democratic Front (MDF) on Tuesday staged a walk-out from the state Assembly during the Governor`s address.
Leader of the Opposition and former minister R Lalthangliana stood up while Governor Vakkom Purushothaman was speaking about the New Land Use Policy (NLUP), the flagship programme of the government, and accused the Congress government of "cheating" the people while implementing the NLUP.
Lalthangliana alleged that the NLUP was funded through the state plan while the government claimed that it was funded from the Prime Minister`s special package and the common man suffered due to massive diversion of plan fund.
He also claimed that according to a study conducted by the Synod Social Front of the Presbyterian Church, more than 98 per cent of the NLUP beneficiaries belonged to the ruling party and accused the state government of using public money for political gains.
The unperturbed Governor continued his speech while the four legislators stormed out of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- More than two-thirds rise in vision loss globally due to diabetes: Study
- Pregnant women consider weight gain as baby weight
- Janmashtami celebrated with traditional fervour across India
- Combination of diet and exercise may help prevent heart problems: Study
- Overuse of antibiotics harming India's fight against TB: The Lancet