MNF, MDF MLAs walk out of Assembly during Guv address
Aizawl: Three members of the Opposition Mizo National Front (MNF) and the lone member of its junior partner Mara Democratic Front (MDF) on Tuesday staged a walk-out from the state Assembly during the Governor`s address.
Leader of the Opposition and former minister R Lalthangliana stood up while Governor Vakkom Purushothaman was speaking about the New Land Use Policy (NLUP), the flagship programme of the government, and accused the Congress government of "cheating" the people while implementing the NLUP.
Lalthangliana alleged that the NLUP was funded through the state plan while the government claimed that it was funded from the Prime Minister`s special package and the common man suffered due to massive diversion of plan fund.
He also claimed that according to a study conducted by the Synod Social Front of the Presbyterian Church, more than 98 per cent of the NLUP beneficiaries belonged to the ruling party and accused the state government of using public money for political gains.
The unperturbed Governor continued his speech while the four legislators stormed out of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!