MNF to support Sangma in Presidential poll
Aizawl: Main opposition party in Mizoram, Mizo National Front (MNF) is likely to support the candidature of Purno A Sangma as President of India when the polling will be held on July 19.
Former chief minister and MNF chief Zoramthanga said on Sunday that formal announcement would be made during this week after the meeting of the party high command on the issue.
"I think we will support Sangma as he is a tribal from North-East and also a Christian as the country is yet to have a tribal and a Christian in the top post," Zoramthanga said.
MNF has one Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) and four legislators including a member of its junior partner - Mara Democratic Front (MDF).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH