Mob loots guns in Arunachal during clash
Itanagar: Over 40 guns were looted by a
mob from an arms shop in Arunachal Pradesh and a student was
injured during a clash between students and a CRPF patrol,
police said on Monday.
Trouble started when a CRPF personnel on patrol duty
had an altercation with a group of tribal students and this
snowballed into a clash with both sides exchanging fire last
evening, police said.
Forty-one Smooth Bore Breech Loading guns were looted
by the mob from an arms shop at Daporizo, headquarters of
Upper Subansiri district, during the clash.
In his complaint, the shop owner said the some of the
guns looted were to be repaired.
Three of the looted guns were recovered, police said.
The student who received gunshot injuries in the clash
was rushed to the Itanagar hospital. Police are yet to be
ascertain whether he was injured in firing by the CRPF or the
Reinforcements rushed to Daporizo from neighbouring
Upper Siang district, where the situation was now under
control, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie