Mob loots guns in Arunachal during clash
Itanagar: Over 40 guns were looted by a
mob from an arms shop in Arunachal Pradesh and a student was
injured during a clash between students and a CRPF patrol,
police said on Monday.
Trouble started when a CRPF personnel on patrol duty
had an altercation with a group of tribal students and this
snowballed into a clash with both sides exchanging fire last
evening, police said.
Forty-one Smooth Bore Breech Loading guns were looted
by the mob from an arms shop at Daporizo, headquarters of
Upper Subansiri district, during the clash.
In his complaint, the shop owner said the some of the
guns looted were to be repaired.
Three of the looted guns were recovered, police said.
The student who received gunshot injuries in the clash
was rushed to the Itanagar hospital. Police are yet to be
ascertain whether he was injured in firing by the CRPF or the
Reinforcements rushed to Daporizo from neighbouring
Upper Siang district, where the situation was now under
control, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends