Model code of conduct comes into force in Arunacha
Itanagar: The state Election Commission on Wednesday issued the model code of conduct for the ensuing municipality and panchayati raj elections in Arunachal Pradesh slated for May 16 next.
The eight-page code of conduct was issued for guidance of the political parties, contesting candidates, government departments, PSUs and employees, official sources said.
The code would, however, be effective only from the date of issuance of the election notification.
The code has an important section banning slaughter of Mithun and other domestic animals during the process of election.
All such slaughters would be prohibited by the district magistrate during the period the model code of conduct is in force except under exceptional circumstances which would include any religious or marriage ceremonies for which written permission has to be obtained from the concerned DM, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video