Model code of conduct comes into force in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: The state Election Commission on Wednesday issued the model code of conduct for the ensuing municipality and Panchayati Raj elections in Arunachal Pradesh slated for May 16 next.
The eight-page code of conduct was issued for guidance of the political parties, contesting candidates, government departments, PSUs and employees, official sources said.
The code would, however, be effective only from the date of issuance of the election notification.
The code has an important section banning slaughter of Mithun and other domestic animals during the process of election.
All such slaughters would be prohibited by the district magistrate during the period the model code of conduct is in force except under exceptional circumstances which would include any religious or marriage ceremonies for which written permission has to be obtained from the concerned DM, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch