Model code of conduct comes into force in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: The state Election Commission on Wednesday issued the model code of conduct for the ensuing municipality and Panchayati Raj elections in Arunachal Pradesh slated for May 16 next.
The eight-page code of conduct was issued for guidance of the political parties, contesting candidates, government departments, PSUs and employees, official sources said.
The code would, however, be effective only from the date of issuance of the election notification.
The code has an important section banning slaughter of Mithun and other domestic animals during the process of election.
All such slaughters would be prohibited by the district magistrate during the period the model code of conduct is in force except under exceptional circumstances which would include any religious or marriage ceremonies for which written permission has to be obtained from the concerned DM, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened