Model code of conduct comes into force in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: The state Election Commission on Wednesday issued the model code of conduct for the ensuing municipality and Panchayati Raj elections in Arunachal Pradesh slated for May 16 next.
The eight-page code of conduct was issued for guidance of the political parties, contesting candidates, government departments, PSUs and employees, official sources said.
The code would, however, be effective only from the date of issuance of the election notification.
The code has an important section banning slaughter of Mithun and other domestic animals during the process of election.
All such slaughters would be prohibited by the district magistrate during the period the model code of conduct is in force except under exceptional circumstances which would include any religious or marriage ceremonies for which written permission has to be obtained from the concerned DM, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand