Moderate earthquakes hits Assam, NE states
Guwahati/Tezpur: A series of earthquakes of moderate intensity measuring 5.1 on the Richter scale jolted Assam and other parts of the North East region on Wednesday, the MeT office has said.
Three quakes shook Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Meghalaya between 12.07 am and 12.10 am, waking up people and making them rush outdoors in panic for safety.
Another earthquake hit the region at 7.39 am.
The epicentre of the tremors was at Rangapara in Central Assam`s Sonitpur district on Latitude 26.9 degree north and Longitude 92.8 degree east at a depth of 35 km, the MeT office said.
No casualty, injury or loss of property has been reported so far, but there are unofficial reports about minor cracks developing in several buildings in Sonitpur due to the tremor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali