Moderate earthquakes hits Assam, NE states
Guwahati/Tezpur: A series of earthquakes of moderate intensity measuring 5.1 on the Richter scale jolted Assam and other parts of the North East region on Wednesday, the MeT office has said.
Three quakes shook Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Meghalaya between 12.07 am and 12.10 am, waking up people and making them rush outdoors in panic for safety.
Another earthquake hit the region at 7.39 am.
The epicentre of the tremors was at Rangapara in Central Assam`s Sonitpur district on Latitude 26.9 degree north and Longitude 92.8 degree east at a depth of 35 km, the MeT office said.
No casualty, injury or loss of property has been reported so far, but there are unofficial reports about minor cracks developing in several buildings in Sonitpur due to the tremor.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?