Moderate earthquakes hits Assam, NE states
Guwahati/Tezpur: A series of earthquakes of moderate intensity measuring 5.1 on the Richter scale jolted Assam and other parts of the North East region on Wednesday, the MeT office has said.
Three quakes shook Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Meghalaya between 12.07 am and 12.10 am, waking up people and making them rush outdoors in panic for safety.
Another earthquake hit the region at 7.39 am.
The epicentre of the tremors was at Rangapara in Central Assam`s Sonitpur district on Latitude 26.9 degree north and Longitude 92.8 degree east at a depth of 35 km, the MeT office said.
No casualty, injury or loss of property has been reported so far, but there are unofficial reports about minor cracks developing in several buildings in Sonitpur due to the tremor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?