Moderate intensity quake shakes North East
Shillong: An earthquake measuring 6.4 on
the Richter Scale shook most of North-East this evening,
creating panic in the region.
The epicenter of the quake was located at the
Indo-Myanmar border and it occurred at 7.24 pm, Central
Seismological Observatory here said.
People ran out of their homes as the quake shook the
buildings for about 10 seconds.
The epicenter was located at 24.8 degree North
Latitude and 94.6 degree East Longitude.
The quake occurred 30 km below the earth?s surface and
was felt in Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur and parts of Mizoram and
No immediate report of any damage or casualty has been
The tremor was felt in some West Bengal districts too,
the regional MET office here said.
There was no report of any loss of human life and damage
to property, reports reaching here said.
The tremor was felt at 7.23 pm with its epicentre 24.8
degrees north and 94.6 degrees east in the region of
Myanmar-India border in Manipur, the Met office said quoting
a preliminary report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP