Moderate intensity quake shakes North East
Shillong: An earthquake measuring 6.4 on
the Richter Scale shook most of North-East this evening,
creating panic in the region.
The epicenter of the quake was located at the
Indo-Myanmar border and it occurred at 7.24 pm, Central
Seismological Observatory here said.
People ran out of their homes as the quake shook the
buildings for about 10 seconds.
The epicenter was located at 24.8 degree North
Latitude and 94.6 degree East Longitude.
The quake occurred 30 km below the earth?s surface and
was felt in Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur and parts of Mizoram and
No immediate report of any damage or casualty has been
The tremor was felt in some West Bengal districts too,
the regional MET office here said.
There was no report of any loss of human life and damage
to property, reports reaching here said.
The tremor was felt at 7.23 pm with its epicentre 24.8
degrees north and 94.6 degrees east in the region of
Myanmar-India border in Manipur, the Met office said quoting
a preliminary report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state