Moderate tremor felt near India-Myanmar border
Shillong: A moderate intensity earthquake jolted the Manipur-Myanmar border on Wednesday but there was no report of any damage or casualties, officials said.
The tremor hit at around 7.16 PM today, was also felt in neighbouring Meghalaya, Nagaland, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh and Tripura, officials at the Regional Seismological Centre here said.
The epicentre of the 5.1 magnitude quake measured on the Richter Scale was recorded at a depth of 33 km in Manipur along the international border with Myanmar.
The exact location was traced to be in 93.9? E Longitude and 23.9? N Latitude, as per the IMD report.
Manipur and all states in the northeast are categorised under zone V on the country`s Seismological map considered to be highly active.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside