Moderate tremor felt near India-Myanmar border
Shillong: A moderate intensity earthquake jolted the Manipur-Myanmar border on Wednesday but there was no report of any damage or casualties, officials said.
The tremor hit at around 7.16 PM today, was also felt in neighbouring Meghalaya, Nagaland, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh and Tripura, officials at the Regional Seismological Centre here said.
The epicentre of the 5.1 magnitude quake measured on the Richter Scale was recorded at a depth of 33 km in Manipur along the international border with Myanmar.
The exact location was traced to be in 93.9? E Longitude and 23.9? N Latitude, as per the IMD report.
Manipur and all states in the northeast are categorised under zone V on the country`s Seismological map considered to be highly active.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman