Moderate tremor felt near India-Myanmar border
Shillong: A moderate intensity earthquake jolted the Manipur-Myanmar border on Wednesday but there was no report of any damage or casualties, officials said.
The tremor hit at around 7.16 PM today, was also felt in neighbouring Meghalaya, Nagaland, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh and Tripura, officials at the Regional Seismological Centre here said.
The epicentre of the 5.1 magnitude quake measured on the Richter Scale was recorded at a depth of 33 km in Manipur along the international border with Myanmar.
The exact location was traced to be in 93.9? E Longitude and 23.9? N Latitude, as per the IMD report.
Manipur and all states in the northeast are categorised under zone V on the country`s Seismological map considered to be highly active.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals