Moderate tremor in the NE
Shillong/Kohima: An earthquake of moderate intensity shook the north eastern states in the early hours on Sunday but there were no casualties or damage to property.
The regional seismological centre in Shillong told PTI that the quake measured 5.5 on the Richter scale and took place around 1.25 am.
The quake was also felt in Itanagar, Guwahati and Agartala, besides Nagaland, the sources said.
The tremor epicentre was latitude 25.5 degrees north and longitude 94.2 degrees east in Kohima area of Nagaland.
It originated 35 km below the surface, India Meteorological Department sources said in Kohima.
Today`s quake follows the one on July 1 which measured 5.4 on the Richter scale and its epicentre was located in Phek region of Nagaland.
Official sources said there was no report of any casualty or damage to property either in Meghalaya or Nagaland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you