Moderate tremor in the NE
Shillong/Kohima: An earthquake of moderate intensity shook the north eastern states in the early hours on Sunday but there were no casualties or damage to property.
The regional seismological centre in Shillong told PTI that the quake measured 5.5 on the Richter scale and took place around 1.25 am.
The quake was also felt in Itanagar, Guwahati and Agartala, besides Nagaland, the sources said.
The tremor epicentre was latitude 25.5 degrees north and longitude 94.2 degrees east in Kohima area of Nagaland.
It originated 35 km below the surface, India Meteorological Department sources said in Kohima.
Today`s quake follows the one on July 1 which measured 5.4 on the Richter scale and its epicentre was located in Phek region of Nagaland.
Official sources said there was no report of any casualty or damage to property either in Meghalaya or Nagaland.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today