Modi, Mamata set to address separate rallies in Tripura
Agartala: BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee will be addressing separate rallies here within three days of each other to kick off their parties` Lok Sabha poll campaign in the northeastern state.
While Gujarat Chief Minister Modi`s rally is scheduled for February 22, his West Bengal counterpart will hold a public meeting here three days later on February 25, sources said.
BJP`s national Vice-President SS Ahluwalia, who also heads the party`s campaign sub-committee for the northeast, confirmed Modi`s visit to the city while TMC`s Tripura-unit chairman Ratan Chakraborty said that his party`s workers would leave no stone unturned to make Banerjee`s rally a success.
Tripura has two seats in Lok Sabha.
Incidentally, neither BJP nor TMC has an electoral presence in the Left-ruled Tripura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes