Modi, Mamata set to address separate rallies in Tripura
Agartala: BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee will be addressing separate rallies here within three days of each other to kick off their parties` Lok Sabha poll campaign in the northeastern state.
While Gujarat Chief Minister Modi`s rally is scheduled for February 22, his West Bengal counterpart will hold a public meeting here three days later on February 25, sources said.
BJP`s national Vice-President SS Ahluwalia, who also heads the party`s campaign sub-committee for the northeast, confirmed Modi`s visit to the city while TMC`s Tripura-unit chairman Ratan Chakraborty said that his party`s workers would leave no stone unturned to make Banerjee`s rally a success.
Tripura has two seats in Lok Sabha.
Incidentally, neither BJP nor TMC has an electoral presence in the Left-ruled Tripura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH