Modi, Mamata set to address separate rallies in Tripura
Agartala: BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee will be addressing separate rallies here within three days of each other to kick off their parties` Lok Sabha poll campaign in the northeastern state.
While Gujarat Chief Minister Modi`s rally is scheduled for February 22, his West Bengal counterpart will hold a public meeting here three days later on February 25, sources said.
BJP`s national Vice-President SS Ahluwalia, who also heads the party`s campaign sub-committee for the northeast, confirmed Modi`s visit to the city while TMC`s Tripura-unit chairman Ratan Chakraborty said that his party`s workers would leave no stone unturned to make Banerjee`s rally a success.
Tripura has two seats in Lok Sabha.
Incidentally, neither BJP nor TMC has an electoral presence in the Left-ruled Tripura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore