Modi, Mamata set to address separate rallies in Tripura
Agartala: BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee will be addressing separate rallies here within three days of each other to kick off their parties` Lok Sabha poll campaign in the northeastern state.
While Gujarat Chief Minister Modi`s rally is scheduled for February 22, his West Bengal counterpart will hold a public meeting here three days later on February 25, sources said.
BJP`s national Vice-President SS Ahluwalia, who also heads the party`s campaign sub-committee for the northeast, confirmed Modi`s visit to the city while TMC`s Tripura-unit chairman Ratan Chakraborty said that his party`s workers would leave no stone unturned to make Banerjee`s rally a success.
Tripura has two seats in Lok Sabha.
Incidentally, neither BJP nor TMC has an electoral presence in the Left-ruled Tripura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Rio Olympics 2016: Stupid to talk about hockey team's medal hopes, says Viren Rasquinha
- Putting past discrimination behind, Dutee Chand targets medal at Rio Olympics
- PM Narendra Modi posts video message on Facebook; it's MUST WATCH for UP residents
- Two more arrested over links with Nice attacker
- Rajinikanth thanks fans for 'Kabali' success with THIS sweetest gesture! - Details inside