Modi, Mamata set to address separate rallies in Tripura
Agartala: BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee will be addressing separate rallies here within three days of each other to kick off their parties` Lok Sabha poll campaign in the northeastern state.
While Gujarat Chief Minister Modi`s rally is scheduled for February 22, his West Bengal counterpart will hold a public meeting here three days later on February 25, sources said.
BJP`s national Vice-President SS Ahluwalia, who also heads the party`s campaign sub-committee for the northeast, confirmed Modi`s visit to the city while TMC`s Tripura-unit chairman Ratan Chakraborty said that his party`s workers would leave no stone unturned to make Banerjee`s rally a success.
Tripura has two seats in Lok Sabha.
Incidentally, neither BJP nor TMC has an electoral presence in the Left-ruled Tripura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside