Money disbursed to 173 Bru families: Mizoram govt
Aizawl: Mizoram government has disbursed money under rehabilitation and resettlement package to all the 173 Bru families who returned to Mizoram from six relief camps in neighbouring North Tripura during June 17 to 21 last year.
State home department officials today said that Rs 80,000 was disbursed to each family for rehabilitation and resettlement expenses while free ration would be given for a year.
The officials said that repatriated Bru families were resettled in 24 different villages in
Mizoram-Tripura-Bangladesh border Mamit district after being verified as bona fide residents of Mizoram.
Meanwhile, hundreds of Bru families, who refused to return to Mizoram, stayed behind in the relief camps.
A Sawibung, president of Mizoram Bru Displaced People said that Bru people, did not want to return to Mizoram unless their demands were met.
The MBDPF has been demanding, among other things that the rehabilitation and resettlement package should be increased from Rs 80,000 to Rs 1.5 lakh per family and that the free ration to be provided to the repatriated families should be extended from one year to two years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know