Monsoon session of Mizoram assembly adjourned sine die
Aizawl: The 10-day-long monsoon session of
the Mizoram Legislative Assembly was adjourned sine die by the
speaker R Romawia this afternoon.
The first Supplementary demand for grants to incorporate
the increase in the annual plan outlay, finalised by the
Planning Commission after the presentation of the regular
budget in March last, was presented by the state chief
minister Lal Thanhawla on September 20.
The first supplementary demand amounting to Rs 568.89
crore as presented in the assembly by Lal Thanhawla, who also
holds finance portfolio was passed by the assembly on
Session of the assembly was adjourned for two days
from September 23 due to the maiden visit of President
Pratibha Patil to this north eastern state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur