Monsoon session of Mizoram assembly adjourned sine die
Aizawl: The 10-day-long monsoon session of
the Mizoram Legislative Assembly was adjourned sine die by the
speaker R Romawia this afternoon.
The first Supplementary demand for grants to incorporate
the increase in the annual plan outlay, finalised by the
Planning Commission after the presentation of the regular
budget in March last, was presented by the state chief
minister Lal Thanhawla on September 20.
The first supplementary demand amounting to Rs 568.89
crore as presented in the assembly by Lal Thanhawla, who also
holds finance portfolio was passed by the assembly on
Session of the assembly was adjourned for two days
from September 23 due to the maiden visit of President
Pratibha Patil to this north eastern state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees