Monsoon session of Mizoram assembly adjourned sine die
Aizawl: The 10-day-long monsoon session of
the Mizoram Legislative Assembly was adjourned sine die by the
speaker R Romawia this afternoon.
The first Supplementary demand for grants to incorporate
the increase in the annual plan outlay, finalised by the
Planning Commission after the presentation of the regular
budget in March last, was presented by the state chief
minister Lal Thanhawla on September 20.
The first supplementary demand amounting to Rs 568.89
crore as presented in the assembly by Lal Thanhawla, who also
holds finance portfolio was passed by the assembly on
Session of the assembly was adjourned for two days
from September 23 due to the maiden visit of President
Pratibha Patil to this north eastern state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre