Monsoon session of Mizoram assembly adjourned sine die
Aizawl: The 10-day-long monsoon session of
the Mizoram Legislative Assembly was adjourned sine die by the
speaker R Romawia this afternoon.
The first Supplementary demand for grants to incorporate
the increase in the annual plan outlay, finalised by the
Planning Commission after the presentation of the regular
budget in March last, was presented by the state chief
minister Lal Thanhawla on September 20.
The first supplementary demand amounting to Rs 568.89
crore as presented in the assembly by Lal Thanhawla, who also
holds finance portfolio was passed by the assembly on
Session of the assembly was adjourned for two days
from September 23 due to the maiden visit of President
Pratibha Patil to this north eastern state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam