Mooshahary lists causes of insurgency in NE
Shillong: The outgoing Meghalaya Governor RS Mooshahary on Saturday said a sense of isolation, large scale unemployment and poor governance were the major causes for the insurgency in the north eastern region.
"A sense of isolation because of the distance from the mainland, huge unemployment and poor governance are the major causes of insurgency in the region," Mooshahary told reporters while bidding goodbye to this hill state after his tenure as the constitutional head ended.
Mooshahary will be succeeded by former Delhi Police Commissioner Krishan Kant Paul who will be sworn-in on Monday at Raj Bhavan by Chief Justice of Meghalaya High Court T Meena Kumari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone