Mopping operation began in Tripura
Agartala: Following the culling of 6204
poultry in the vicinity of the government poultry farm in Lembucherra, about 25 km from here, mopping operation has started to disinfect the area, official sources said Thursday.
Director of Animal Resources department, Manoranjan
Sarkar said, after culling mopping operation started since
yesterday in the three km radius of Lembucherra farm and added
it would be completed today.
Sarkar said, entry of poultry was banned for ten days
since the outbreak of the disease in the area and Border
Security Force (BSF) was alerted so that no chicken or ducks
could enter into the state from Bangladesh which shares 856
long border with Tripura.
To a question, he said, it is very difficult to resist
the disease because it is airborne and every year huge number
of migratory birds come to the state which also spread the
disease at times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- FIFA seeks ban for Qatar, Asian FC officials for refusing to cooperate with inquiry
- RBI wants to liberalise while strengthening bond markets: Raghuram Rajan
- After Rio Olympics failure, Tintu Luka's uncle blames coach PT Usha for below-par training
- Narsingh Yadav would have won the silver, claims WFI official
- PM Modi, Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states on Saturday