Mopping operation began in Tripura
Agartala: Following the culling of 6204
poultry in the vicinity of the government poultry farm in Lembucherra, about 25 km from here, mopping operation has started to disinfect the area, official sources said Thursday.
Director of Animal Resources department, Manoranjan
Sarkar said, after culling mopping operation started since
yesterday in the three km radius of Lembucherra farm and added
it would be completed today.
Sarkar said, entry of poultry was banned for ten days
since the outbreak of the disease in the area and Border
Security Force (BSF) was alerted so that no chicken or ducks
could enter into the state from Bangladesh which shares 856
long border with Tripura.
To a question, he said, it is very difficult to resist
the disease because it is airborne and every year huge number
of migratory birds come to the state which also spread the
disease at times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid