Mopping operation began in Tripura
Agartala: Following the culling of 6204
poultry in the vicinity of the government poultry farm in Lembucherra, about 25 km from here, mopping operation has started to disinfect the area, official sources said Thursday.
Director of Animal Resources department, Manoranjan
Sarkar said, after culling mopping operation started since
yesterday in the three km radius of Lembucherra farm and added
it would be completed today.
Sarkar said, entry of poultry was banned for ten days
since the outbreak of the disease in the area and Border
Security Force (BSF) was alerted so that no chicken or ducks
could enter into the state from Bangladesh which shares 856
long border with Tripura.
To a question, he said, it is very difficult to resist
the disease because it is airborne and every year huge number
of migratory birds come to the state which also spread the
disease at times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you