MoU signed between Manipur govt and three militant outfits
Imphal: Over 150 ultras have surrendered after signing of MoU between Manipur government and three militant outfits.
The signing ceremony was held here last evening between representatives of government and three militant outfits of Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP-Nongdrenkhomba), Kuki National Liberation Front (KNLF) and Kuki Revolutionary Front (KRF).
Following the MoU, 155 militants laid down arms and weapons taking the total number of ultras surrendering so far this year to 300 in the state.
Chief Minister Okram Obobi Singh, Deputy Chief Minister Gaikhangam and senior police officials were present at the ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi