MoU signed between Manipur govt and three militant outfits
Imphal: Over 150 ultras have surrendered after signing of MoU between Manipur government and three militant outfits.
The signing ceremony was held here last evening between representatives of government and three militant outfits of Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP-Nongdrenkhomba), Kuki National Liberation Front (KNLF) and Kuki Revolutionary Front (KRF).
Following the MoU, 155 militants laid down arms and weapons taking the total number of ultras surrendering so far this year to 300 in the state.
Chief Minister Okram Obobi Singh, Deputy Chief Minister Gaikhangam and senior police officials were present at the ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble