‘Move to bi-sect tribal council will never succeed`
Agartala: The demand to bi-sect the tribal council and make it a separate state will forever remain an `impossible dream`, Tripura Tribal Areas Autonomus District Council (TTAADC) Ranjit Debbarma said on Wednesday.
"A conspiracy is being hatched to bisect the tribal council from the state territory and make it a separate state by a political party which raised the demand to convert the tribal council area into a separate state. It will remain an implausible dream since it does not have the sanction of people," Debbarma, who is the Chief Executive Member of the council told reporters.
Radhacharan Debbarma, another Executive Member of the council, also Present at the press conference said, "We want comprehensive development of the council area which is not possible by bisecting it from the state. The party which was raising the demand for separate state was also aiding and abetting the insurgency in the state."
The TTAADC came into being under the sixth schedule of the constitution in 1987 to protect and safeguard the culture and socio-economic interest of the tribals.
The council area is the home to the tribal, who constitute one third of the population of the state, and two third of the state territory.
The leaders also criticized the Congress and Indigenous Nationalist Party of Tripura (INPT), the main opposition for not going against the demand for a separate state encompassing the tribal council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?