MP seeks deployment of CRPF company at Subansiri project site
New Delhi: A Congress MP from Arunachal
Pradesh on Thursday sought deployment of CRPF personnel at the 2,000 mw Lower Subansiri hydroelectric project being constructed by
state-owned power generation company NHPC Ltd.
Seeking timely completion of the project, MP from
Arunachal West Takam Sanjoy requested Union Power Minister
Sushil Kumar Shinde to take up the issue of enhancing security
at the project site with the Home Ministry.
Touted as the biggest hydroelectric project being
undertaken in India so far, the power plant is expected to
address the power shortage problem in the entire Northeast
"One company of CRPF should be deployed in the project
site to ensure security of the people working there," Sanjoy
said in a letter to Shinde.
The Project is located near Gerukamukh at the border
of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh. The NHPC has identified
Arunachal Pradesh as an important state for setting up
Sanjoy also asked the Union Power Minister to enhance
security at project sites of other hydel power plants in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose lived as KK Bhandari in 1960s?
- AIB's Tanmay Bhat blasted on Twitter for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar | WATCH his controversial video
- Sex machines - the future of `clean` prostitution?
- Rainy Monday morning in Delhi
- Woman allegedly raped by Nigerian national in Goa