MP seeks deployment of CRPF company at Subansiri project site
New Delhi: A Congress MP from Arunachal
Pradesh on Thursday sought deployment of CRPF personnel at the 2,000 mw Lower Subansiri hydroelectric project being constructed by
state-owned power generation company NHPC Ltd.
Seeking timely completion of the project, MP from
Arunachal West Takam Sanjoy requested Union Power Minister
Sushil Kumar Shinde to take up the issue of enhancing security
at the project site with the Home Ministry.
Touted as the biggest hydroelectric project being
undertaken in India so far, the power plant is expected to
address the power shortage problem in the entire Northeast
"One company of CRPF should be deployed in the project
site to ensure security of the people working there," Sanjoy
said in a letter to Shinde.
The Project is located near Gerukamukh at the border
of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh. The NHPC has identified
Arunachal Pradesh as an important state for setting up
Sanjoy also asked the Union Power Minister to enhance
security at project sites of other hydel power plants in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!