Mukul Sangma elected Meghalaya CLP leader, to stake claim to form govt
Shillong: Mukul Sangma was on Friday elected Meghalaya CLP leader, paving way for him to stake claim to Congress forming the next government in the state.
Sangma led the Congress to win a record 29 seats in the 60-member House, though this figure is two short of a majority.
He will meet Governor R S Mooshahary to stake claim to form the next government, agencies reported.
Earlier, AICC leader in-charge of Meghalaya Mukul Wasnik and AICC leader Sanjay Bhavna reached here to make preparations for the next government.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February