Mukul Sangma elected Meghalaya CLP leader, to stake claim to form govt
Shillong: Mukul Sangma was on Friday elected Meghalaya CLP leader, paving way for him to stake claim to Congress forming the next government in the state.
Sangma led the Congress to win a record 29 seats in the 60-member House, though this figure is two short of a majority.
He will meet Governor R S Mooshahary to stake claim to form the next government, agencies reported.
Earlier, AICC leader in-charge of Meghalaya Mukul Wasnik and AICC leader Sanjay Bhavna reached here to make preparations for the next government.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption