Mukul Sangma elected Meghalaya CLP leader, to stake claim to form govt
Shillong: Mukul Sangma was on Friday elected Meghalaya CLP leader, paving way for him to stake claim to Congress forming the next government in the state.
Sangma led the Congress to win a record 29 seats in the 60-member House, though this figure is two short of a majority.
He will meet Governor R S Mooshahary to stake claim to form the next government, agencies reported.
Earlier, AICC leader in-charge of Meghalaya Mukul Wasnik and AICC leader Sanjay Bhavna reached here to make preparations for the next government.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Maheish Girri to file defamation case against Arvind Kejriwal?
- Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo sends Portugal to pre-quarters - All details here
- Salman Khan's 'raped woman' controversy: Here's what Nawazuddin Siddiqui has to say about his 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- Brexit: Emotions a key factor as the British EU referendum looms
- SCO Summit: India looks forward to fruitful outcome, says PM Narendra Modi