N-E insurgent groups to boycott PM`s visit
Imphal: Major insurgent groups in Manipur
on Thursday said they would boycott Prime Minister Manmonhan Singh`s
visit to the state, where a high security alert has been
sounded after yesterday` bomb blast.
Apart from boycotting the PM`s functions, the rebels
would also observe a 36-hour general strike from December 3,
the scheduled date of Singh`s visit, according to the
coordination committee of the outfits.
The militant outfits which have called the strike include
United National Liberation Front, Revolutionary People`s
Front, Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup, Peoples` Revolutionary Party of
Kangleipak and Kangleipak Communist Party.
Officials reports said that all security agencies,
including paramilitary forces, were put on red alert to
prevent any untoward incident during the PM`s visit in view of
yesterday`s powerful bomb blast which killed one person and
UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi is also likely to accompany
the Prime Minister on his visit, sources said.
Official sources said that Singh would inaugurate
buildings housing the City Convention Centre, Manipur Film
Development Corporation Centre, Assembly Complex, High Court
Building, Inter State Bus Terminus and Secretariat buildings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!