N-E Literary meet begins in Itanagar
Itanagar: The two-day literary event-
MATRIX 2011, organised by North East Writers` Forum (NEWF)
began here on Sunday with 25 authors from states of North East
participating the literary sessions to celebrate the spirit of
the region and its creativity.
"Literature is the mirror of society through which
knowledge, history and culture are preserved through ages,"
Arunachal Pradesh Planning, Finance and PWD Minister Chowna
Mein said after inaugurating the event.
Advocating for encouraging the budding writers of the
state through such conclaves, the minister said that the
present trend of literature movement in the state was started
by Lummer Dai, an eminent writer, and being carried forward by
Sahitya Akademi Awardee Y D Thongchi and Padmashree Mamang
Meanwhile, NEWF President Arup Kumar Dutta said the
objective of the literary meet was to revive the missing oral
literatures of North-East and to preserve them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok