Nabam Tuki asks police to foil bandh in AP
Itanagar: Taking serious note of the 12-hour capital bandh called by certain organizations on June 26, Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Sunday directed the law enforcing agencies to ensure that no such bandh takes place on that day.
Tuki, who also holds the Home portfolio in a statement said anyone found imposing the bandh forcibly should be sternly dealt with as per law.
The district administration has already declared the bandh illegal.
The chief minister reiterated that such bandh calls, besides being detrimental to developmental activities, create law and order problems, cause inconveniences to general public.
He, however, asserted that the government cannot ignore the issues raised by protesting organizations.
Taking cognizance of the issue of alleged irregular appointments in the State Council for Information Technology and e-Governance, as raised by the agitating organizations, the chief minister asked the chief secretary to enquire into the details involving all categories of posts from grade ?A? to ?D? in the Council, urging him to submit the report within a week?s time for taking appropriate action.
“Now that we have taken note of the concerns, I appeal the agitating organizations to call off their bandh,” Tuki said in the statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming