Nabum Rebia elected Speaker of Arunachal Pradesh Assembly
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh Assembly today unanimously elected veteran Congress MLA Nabum Rebia as Speaker and Tsering Norbu Thongdok as the deputy.
All members cutting across party line elected Rebia, a former Rajya Sabha MP and Parliamentary secretary (Planning) in the previous government.
Tumke Bagra (BJP), who filed nomination along with Thongdok for the post of Deputy Speaker, later withdrew from the race.
Chief Minister Nabam Tuki while congratulating both Rebia and Thongdok expressed hope that both the leaders would live up to the expectation of the members and ensure justice and equal rights to all the members.
Rebia and Thongdok in their remarks asserted to uphold the dignity of the post by living up to the aspirations and expectation of the members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra
- Seven lakh applicants for Punjab Police to face dope test