Nabum Rebia elected Speaker of Arunachal Pradesh Assembly
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh Assembly today unanimously elected veteran Congress MLA Nabum Rebia as Speaker and Tsering Norbu Thongdok as the deputy.
All members cutting across party line elected Rebia, a former Rajya Sabha MP and Parliamentary secretary (Planning) in the previous government.
Tumke Bagra (BJP), who filed nomination along with Thongdok for the post of Deputy Speaker, later withdrew from the race.
Chief Minister Nabam Tuki while congratulating both Rebia and Thongdok expressed hope that both the leaders would live up to the expectation of the members and ensure justice and equal rights to all the members.
Rebia and Thongdok in their remarks asserted to uphold the dignity of the post by living up to the aspirations and expectation of the members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Infosys denies laying off 500 people, says 'few' asked to leave for non-performance
- Vivek Oberoi to be trained by Daniel Craig's trainer
- Viral Video: Cheating man finds both girlfriends at same place, EXPOSED – See what happened next
- Xiaomi's smartphones sales in India up 72%
- Arun Jaitley may not read out new trains, lines after budget merger