Naga band wins national rock contest
Kohima: A rock band from Nagaland has won
the Hornbill national rock contest 2009, in which a total of
20 bands from 20 cities participated.
"OFF" band from Nagaland was awarded Rs five lakh and
a Casio WK 3300 synthesizer after the grand finale of the
contest which concluded midnight last night.
"Hypnosis" from New Delhi and "Kaivaalya" from Kolkata
were adjudged second and third respectively.
Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio gave away the prizes to the
winners of the contest organized by government-run Music Task
Force and partly sponsored by Airtel as part of the annual
Hornbill festival, which concluded last evening.
K K Sema, Commissioner and Secretary for Culture and
Tourism, the nodal agency for coordinating the Hornbill
festival, told newsmen that an estimated 1,000 foreign
visitors and 1,500 domestic tourists visited Nagaland during
the week-long festival.
However, the existing restricted area permit/protected
area permit regime discouraged many visitors, he said adding
that the state has asked the Centre to ease the regime.
Under the existing regime, except in Assam and
Meghalaya, only a couple or a group of four or more foreign
tourists are allowed to visit the north-eastern states. No
individual or a group of three foreigners can visit the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore