Naga bloggers take out silent march
Kohima: Members of `The Naga Blog`, a forum in Nagaland, on Saturday took out a silent protest march here to condemn the April 28 assault on Naga youths allegedly by Assam Rifles personnel in Kiphire district.
"We condemn the act of the Assam Rifles who assaulted our young brothers in Kiphire, which ultimately led to the unfortunate incident," Administrator of The Naga Blog, Yanpvuo Kikon said referring also to the violence which followed on April 29.
An Assam Rifles man was beaten up, six vehicles were set ablaze and a portion of the district collector`s office damaged by a mob after AR personnel fired on them on April 29.
The Naga blogger also demanded repeal of the AFSPA in the state, which he said "AFSPA is nothing but a blood stain tarnishing the colours of democracy in the country."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP