Naga bloggers take out silent march
Kohima: Members of `The Naga Blog`, a forum in Nagaland, on Saturday took out a silent protest march here to condemn the April 28 assault on Naga youths allegedly by Assam Rifles personnel in Kiphire district.
"We condemn the act of the Assam Rifles who assaulted our young brothers in Kiphire, which ultimately led to the unfortunate incident," Administrator of The Naga Blog, Yanpvuo Kikon said referring also to the violence which followed on April 29.
An Assam Rifles man was beaten up, six vehicles were set ablaze and a portion of the district collector`s office damaged by a mob after AR personnel fired on them on April 29.
The Naga blogger also demanded repeal of the AFSPA in the state, which he said "AFSPA is nothing but a blood stain tarnishing the colours of democracy in the country."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!