Naga bloggers take out silent march
Kohima: Members of `The Naga Blog`, a forum in Nagaland, on Saturday took out a silent protest march here to condemn the April 28 assault on Naga youths allegedly by Assam Rifles personnel in Kiphire district.
"We condemn the act of the Assam Rifles who assaulted our young brothers in Kiphire, which ultimately led to the unfortunate incident," Administrator of The Naga Blog, Yanpvuo Kikon said referring also to the violence which followed on April 29.
An Assam Rifles man was beaten up, six vehicles were set ablaze and a portion of the district collector`s office damaged by a mob after AR personnel fired on them on April 29.
The Naga blogger also demanded repeal of the AFSPA in the state, which he said "AFSPA is nothing but a blood stain tarnishing the colours of democracy in the country."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed