Naga bloggers take out silent march
Kohima: Members of `The Naga Blog`, a forum in Nagaland, on Saturday took out a silent protest march here to condemn the April 28 assault on Naga youths allegedly by Assam Rifles personnel in Kiphire district.
"We condemn the act of the Assam Rifles who assaulted our young brothers in Kiphire, which ultimately led to the unfortunate incident," Administrator of The Naga Blog, Yanpvuo Kikon said referring also to the violence which followed on April 29.
An Assam Rifles man was beaten up, six vehicles were set ablaze and a portion of the district collector`s office damaged by a mob after AR personnel fired on them on April 29.
The Naga blogger also demanded repeal of the AFSPA in the state, which he said "AFSPA is nothing but a blood stain tarnishing the colours of democracy in the country."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city