Naga bloggers take out silent march
Kohima: Members of `The Naga Blog`, a forum in Nagaland, on Saturday took out a silent protest march here to condemn the April 28 assault on Naga youths allegedly by Assam Rifles personnel in Kiphire district.
"We condemn the act of the Assam Rifles who assaulted our young brothers in Kiphire, which ultimately led to the unfortunate incident," Administrator of The Naga Blog, Yanpvuo Kikon said referring also to the violence which followed on April 29.
An Assam Rifles man was beaten up, six vehicles were set ablaze and a portion of the district collector`s office damaged by a mob after AR personnel fired on them on April 29.
The Naga blogger also demanded repeal of the AFSPA in the state, which he said "AFSPA is nothing but a blood stain tarnishing the colours of democracy in the country."
- Kerala Assembly Elections: BJP president Amit Shah cancels poll visit
- Deaths in rehabilitation home: Raje govt suspends erring officials
- IPL 9: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab – Probable playing XIs; players to watch out for
- WATCH: You ripper! Unplayable magic ball leaves master batsman VVS Laxman completely exposed!
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview