Naga faction calls for saving Centre`s peace talks
Kohima: Expressing concern over latest
"intolerable state of affairs in Naga areas" NSCN(I-M) has urged the people to make all effort to safeguard the hard-earned Naga re-conciliation process and on-going peace talks with the Centre.
A statement, issued by `information and publicity
wing` of the outfit, said "the NSCN is observing closely and
tolerantly the intolerable situation created by unprincipled
groups of gunmen in recent time elsewhere..."
Since the middle of December, Nagaland once again
experienced the resurgence of factional fight between NSCN
(Khaplang) and GPRN/NSCN led by Khole Konyak and Kitovi
Zhimomi, resulting in deaths of both underground cadre and
innocent civilians in different parts of Nagaland.
Innocent passer-by also suffered bullet injuries at
Dimapur and Kohima in the fresh gun fights.
"Despite wilful provocation here and there, no effort
is spared to keep the re-conciliation process fulfilled in the
interest of the Naga people and as per commitment given by the
collective leadership (of NSCN-IM)," the statement
received here today said.
The statement said that the NSCN (I-M) was saddened by
the incident of the Reguri village in Pochury region where an
innocent 13-year-old school-going girl and a housewife were
shot at "by the gunmen of Khaplang group" on January 2 "but no
condemnation was made by any one...against unruly gunmen."
Referring to the killing of two Assam officials on
Assam-Meghalaya border (Dima Hasao district) and their alleged
links to the incident, the NSCN (I-M) said it was
"simply...blatant lies and allegation" made by the Assam
police and other agencies against the outfit."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader