Naga Hoho favours settlement of Naga conflict within 2012
Kohima: Expressing concern long drawn political talks between the Centre and NSCN (I-M) without any tangible solution for 15 years, apex tribal council Naga Hoho has asserted that it is necessary for a settlement of the Naga political conflict within this year.
The Hoho had a consultative meeting with leaders of various Naga tribal councils here on the 15 years of ceasefire and the political dialogue between the two sides and the deliberation felt that it was a necessity for early settlement of the conflict within 2012.
The apex council, in a statement here today said, said the consultative meeting held recently unanimously decided to send a Naga Hoho delegation to New Delhi to appraise the Indian leaders at "all competent platforms" for early political settlement of the vexed problem.
The Hoho also appealed to all Naga political groups to join in the on-going political dialogue with the Government of India "based on the principle of one people one nation."
Regarding demand for a "Frontier Nagaland" by Eastern Naga Public Organisation (ENPO) by carving out four districts from present Nagaland, the statement reiterated the Hoho`s stand on the matter, saying that the apex council would always strive and uphold the Nagas` aspiration for an integrated Naga homeland.
It said "further fragmentation of our land will lead to political ramification and hence, the Naga Hoho shall work tirelessly towards achieving its goal: unity and fraternity."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark