Naga legislators for inclusive re-conciliation
Kohima: With some organisations still to
respond to the FNR initiative for a unified voice on the Naga
issue, Nagaland legislators have appealed to all Naga
underground outfits to participate in the on-going
The Joint Legislature Forum (JLF) on the Naga
political issue attended by all legislators from both ruling
and opposition parties called by the assembly speaker
yesterday deliberated on the current political situation and
agreed on `a number of resolutions`, focusing on the
re-conciliation process, it said in a statement here on Friday.
Top leaders of NSCN(I-M), GPRN/NSCN and a faction of
NNC/FGN after meetings at Dimapur last month had signed the
Naga Concordant aiming to form a single organization having a
unified voice on the Naga issue.
However, NSCN(K) and other factions of NNC were yet to
respond to the process initiated by the FNR, comprising
churches, tribal councils and civil society organizations.
"The JLF takes this opportunity to make further appeal
to all Naga nationalists groups to come forward and
participate in the process of re-conciliation, under the
banner of the Forum for Naga Re-conciliation to make the
re-conciliation process inclusive," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites