Naga militant leader among three arrested with drugs
Imphal: Three persons, including an NSCN-IM leader were arrested with illegal pseudoephedrine tablets and heroin in interior Thoubal district, official sources said on Monday.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of Manipur police commandos, and Thoubal district police, launched a manhunt at Pallel market complex area and nabbed the self-styled captain of NSCN-IM, PR Shamsung Chothe (38) and two others yesterday, the sources said.
The two others were identified as Wahengbam Deepak (38) and Yumnam Suresh Singh (27).
Several illegal pseudoephedrine tablets, three grams of heroin, two syringes, Khaki uniform and some underground materials were recovered from their possession, sources said.
The three have been handed over to Thoubal police station, they said.
Random checking of passers-by and search operations would be launched at various parts of the state to detect smuggling of illegal tablets and other drugs following seizure of contraband narcotics in different parts of the state in the past few months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued