Naga militant leader among three arrested with drugs
Imphal: Three persons, including an NSCN-IM leader were arrested with illegal pseudoephedrine tablets and heroin in interior Thoubal district, official sources said on Monday.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of Manipur police commandos, and Thoubal district police, launched a manhunt at Pallel market complex area and nabbed the self-styled captain of NSCN-IM, PR Shamsung Chothe (38) and two others yesterday, the sources said.
The two others were identified as Wahengbam Deepak (38) and Yumnam Suresh Singh (27).
Several illegal pseudoephedrine tablets, three grams of heroin, two syringes, Khaki uniform and some underground materials were recovered from their possession, sources said.
The three have been handed over to Thoubal police station, they said.
Random checking of passers-by and search operations would be launched at various parts of the state to detect smuggling of illegal tablets and other drugs following seizure of contraband narcotics in different parts of the state in the past few months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'