Naga outfit calls off economic blockade in Manipur
Imphal: United Naga council (UNC), which had imposed a 96-hour economic blockade on national highways in Manipur from Monday midnight, on Tuesday called off the blockade with immediate effect, UNC sources said.
The sources claimed that the Centre had agreed to hold talks on the issue with the UNC on August 29, 30 or 31, according to the convenience of the Naga outfit.
A representative from the Manipur government was also likely to attend the meeting, the sources said.
The UNC had called the economic blockade to press their demand for an "alternative arrangement" for Nagas in Manipur as they wanted to "dissociate itself" from the Manipur government.
Official sources said buses and trucks with essential items were plying on the national highways with security escort vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state