Naga outfit calls off economic blockade in Manipur
Imphal: United Naga council (UNC), which had imposed a 96-hour economic blockade on national highways in Manipur from Monday midnight, on Tuesday called off the blockade with immediate effect, UNC sources said.
The sources claimed that the Centre had agreed to hold talks on the issue with the UNC on August 29, 30 or 31, according to the convenience of the Naga outfit.
A representative from the Manipur government was also likely to attend the meeting, the sources said.
The UNC had called the economic blockade to press their demand for an "alternative arrangement" for Nagas in Manipur as they wanted to "dissociate itself" from the Manipur government.
Official sources said buses and trucks with essential items were plying on the national highways with security escort vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP