Naga outfit calls off economic blockade in Manipur
Imphal: United Naga council (UNC), which had imposed a 96-hour economic blockade on national highways in Manipur from Monday midnight, on Tuesday called off the blockade with immediate effect, UNC sources said.
The sources claimed that the Centre had agreed to hold talks on the issue with the UNC on August 29, 30 or 31, according to the convenience of the Naga outfit.
A representative from the Manipur government was also likely to attend the meeting, the sources said.
The UNC had called the economic blockade to press their demand for an "alternative arrangement" for Nagas in Manipur as they wanted to "dissociate itself" from the Manipur government.
Official sources said buses and trucks with essential items were plying on the national highways with security escort vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home
- B-Town celebs send warm wishes to Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput on birth of their daughter!