Naga student activists damage 4 trucks of Assam Rifles convoy
Kohima: A group of youths pelted stones at four trucks, which were part of a convoy of security forces coming from Manipur, as the indefinite economic blockade continued at Mao by a Naga students` body.
Police said the incident took place in 5th Mile area on national highway 39 near Dimapur town last evening.
The attackers also set fire one of the vehicles but quick action by policemen prevented any damage.
Police said the trucks were engaged by Assam Rifles and were returning from Manipur after offloading goods.
No arrest has been made so far.
The Naga Students Federation (NSF), which imposed the indefinite blockade since May 4 protesting the police action at Mao inter-state gate, claimed it was behind the incident
and vowed to continue the agitation till their demands were met by the Manipur government.
Union Home Secretary GK Pillai had said in Shillong yesterday that the government would initiate action against the students if they did not immediately withdraw the
The blockade, on both the highways connecting Manipur, was meant to press for greater autonomy for the hill districts.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua alleges 'India-China economic business deal' behind visa cancellation
- VIDEO: Prepare to laugh - 23 Hilarious Inzamam-ul-Haq run outs!
- DRT likely to rule on Vijay Mallya’s Diageo package today
- Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV): A new tool in the fight against polio – Watch to know more about it!
- Planning a trip to USA? Check out top 5 attractions for a family holiday this summer!