Naga students body calls for 12-hour bandh
Kohima: The apex students body in the state Naga Students` Federation (NSF) has called for a 12-hour dawn to dusk bandh in all the Naga inhabited areas spreading over four states and Myanmar on Monday.
The NSF has called the bandh against the incessant clashes and killings amongst underground factions, imposition of illegal taxation by Naga underground groups, against all arbitrary harassment and threatening lives of innocent civilians and also the recent attempt on life of federation official.
NSF president Tongpang Ozukum while appreciating the mass-based civil societies for extending fullest cooperation during the protest rally held for the same cause on June 28 last has again urged upon the general public for continued support to the total bandh on Monday.
In order to avoid any untoward incident, the federation has also appealed to all government establishment, business community and educational institution to remain close during the bandh.
Administration, security personnel, emergency medical services and the media will be exempted from the preview of the bandh, the NSF said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH