Naga students body calls for 12-hour bandh
Kohima: The apex students body in the state Naga Students` Federation (NSF) has called for a 12-hour dawn to dusk bandh in all the Naga inhabited areas spreading over four states and Myanmar on Monday.
The NSF has called the bandh against the incessant clashes and killings amongst underground factions, imposition of illegal taxation by Naga underground groups, against all arbitrary harassment and threatening lives of innocent civilians and also the recent attempt on life of federation official.
NSF president Tongpang Ozukum while appreciating the mass-based civil societies for extending fullest cooperation during the protest rally held for the same cause on June 28 last has again urged upon the general public for continued support to the total bandh on Monday.
In order to avoid any untoward incident, the federation has also appealed to all government establishment, business community and educational institution to remain close during the bandh.
Administration, security personnel, emergency medical services and the media will be exempted from the preview of the bandh, the NSF said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past