Naga students body calls for bandh on July 1
Kohima: Irked over the life attempt made on one of its executive by a cadre of armed Naga underground faction, the apex students` body in Nagaland, Naga Students` Federation (NSF) has called for bandh in all the Naga inhabited areas on July 1.
NSF assistant general secretary Kesosul Christopher Ltu was attacked by an unidentified armed cadre reportedly belonging to an underground faction yesterday in Kohima. However, assailant missed the target as the bullet piercing the windshield of his car hit the backseat.
The federation in a press release issued by its president Tongpang Ozukum said they have taken serious note of the insane act perpetrated on its official and also the firing incident near Mezhr Higher Secondary School, Kohima yesterday.
The NSF has resolved to submit a memorandum to higher authorities of the factions involved in the shootout and also a representation to the state government with certain charters of demand soon.
Ozukum said that as a sign of strong resentment and denouncing the barbaric act, the Federation has resolved to organise a public rally at Kohima on June 28 which will be followed by imposition of total bandh in all Naga inhabited areas on July 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics