Naga teachers call off agitation
Kohima: The Nagaland SSA Teachers Association (NSSATA) Thursday called off its agitation for due salaries and requested its members to discharge their duties, following intervention by the Naga Mothers` Association.
The NSSATA had been picketing before district education offices since May one after the expiry of the 15-day ultimatum served to the state government for release of their pending salaries since November 2013.
In a statement, the NSSATA said the agitation was called off because of the intervention of the Naga Mothers` Association yesterday.
The NSSATA leaders deliberated with departmental heads in the presence of Naga Mothers` Association and took the decision considering all the technicalities, especially that of the students` welfare.
However, the NSSATA demanded that the government pay salaries regularly in future at par with government employees with the condition that the amount is sanctioned by the Centre.
It also demanded that the state government pay its matching share within the specified period of 30 days after the Centre has sanctioned its share.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal