Naga unity must precede political settlement: NSCN(K)
Kohima: No solution to the protracted Naga political conflict is possible, unless all the sections irrespective of their political affiliations reconcile and unite, the `commander-in-chief` of NSCN(K) armed wing Khole Konyak has said.
Konyak, who was speaking at a programme at the outfit`s
designated Khehoi camp near Dimapur yesterday, said Naga
history showed any political agreement (with the Centre)
without the consent of the Naga people would be
NSCN(K) was committed to re-conciliation and unity and
Naga leaders who believed that their thoughts and ideas were
superior to others needed to rethink.
"Such ideas and thoughts have brought untold bloodshed
and suffering to the Naga people," Konyak, in the underground
political movement for 56 years, said.
"Let us not be evasive anymore on the most pertinent
question of unity. Unless the Nagas come together, no
political solution will be forthcoming," he added.
NSCN(K) yesterday observed third anniversary of
`unification` at Khehoi designated camp. On November 22, 2007
a large number of activists from NSCN(I-M) headquarters Camp
Hebron fled with arms and joined the rival group to
`strengthen Naga unity.`
Speaking on the occasion, the outfit`s general secretary
N Kitovi Zhimomi pointed out that for the success of Naga
unity the over ground politicians and tribal leaders should
He also hinted that the faction of Naga National Council
(NNC), led by Senka was in the process of unification with his
Following the July 15 joint declaration at Monyakshu
Conclave (Mon district) wherein S Singya led NNC and FGN and
GPRN and NSCN united unconditionally, the gesture by Senka-led
NNC towards unification have given further impetus to the
re-conciliation process of Naga nationalist groups, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!