Nagaland CM apprises Shinde on Naga-Karbi violence
Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio has apprised Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde on the prevailing situation arising out of the recent clashes between Karbis and Rengma Nagas in Karbi Anglong district of Assam.
Rio, state home minister G Kaito Aye and Planning Minister T R Zeliang met Shinde in New Delhi yesterday and apprised him about the steps that were being taken to bring normalcy between the two communities, a release issued by Nagaland House in New Delhi said.
Union Home Minister assured all security help to the state governments of Nagaland and Assam on the matter, the release said.
On December 27, violence took place in Rengma-dominated villages which claimed the lives of 18 persons, after which the district administration had clamped indefinite curfew.
So far arrested 23 persons, including 16 Karbi people and seven Nagas were arrested for the violence.
The matter relating to the pending reimbursement claims of the state government on Security Related Expenditures (SRE) was also discussed for early settlement of dues.
Later, Rio along with T R Zeliang also called on Union Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge and urged him to intervene in the pending railway projects in Nagaland such as connectivity between Dimapur and Zubza and between Dimapur and Tizit.
The Railway Minister directed the Railway Board chairman to submit the status report on the pending projects.
Railway authorities informed Rio that Railway Ministry has approved 16 km stretch from Dhansiri to Dimapur to connect Zubza for which the land plan has already been submitted to General Manager (Construction), NF Railways.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack