Nagaland CM condemns killing of MPP leader in Manipur
Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio has condemned the killing of Haobijam Manisana Singh, the vice president of the Manipur People`s Party (MPP).
Condemning the incident, Rio, who is also the Convenor of the North East Regional Parties Front (NERPF) said "the killing of Haobijam Manisana Singh is an attack on the democratic principles of the country and can only be carried out by the enemies of democracy."
He also called upon the forces of justice to unite to combat the agents of violence and fear.
Rio also extended condolences on behalf of all members and affiliates of the NERPF, especially to the family members of the departed leader and to the MPP, who have lost a tall and respected leader.
Expressing solidarity to the MPP, the NERPF also appealed to all sections of the people and the concerned authorities to make efforts to bring the culprits to book.
Vice President of the Manipur People`s Party (MPP) Haobijam Manisana Singh was on Wednesday shot dead by some unidentified gunmen at Changangei area in Imphal west district of Manipur while he was travelling from his house at Thanga area in Bishenpur district to the party office in Imphal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city