Nagaland CM condemns killing of MPP leader in Manipur
Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio has condemned the killing of Haobijam Manisana Singh, the vice president of the Manipur People`s Party (MPP).
Condemning the incident, Rio, who is also the Convenor of the North East Regional Parties Front (NERPF) said "the killing of Haobijam Manisana Singh is an attack on the democratic principles of the country and can only be carried out by the enemies of democracy."
He also called upon the forces of justice to unite to combat the agents of violence and fear.
Rio also extended condolences on behalf of all members and affiliates of the NERPF, especially to the family members of the departed leader and to the MPP, who have lost a tall and respected leader.
Expressing solidarity to the MPP, the NERPF also appealed to all sections of the people and the concerned authorities to make efforts to bring the culprits to book.
Vice President of the Manipur People`s Party (MPP) Haobijam Manisana Singh was on Wednesday shot dead by some unidentified gunmen at Changangei area in Imphal west district of Manipur while he was travelling from his house at Thanga area in Bishenpur district to the party office in Imphal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Ashutosh Gowariker, Kay Kay Menon launch Raj Supe's new book
- Sunil Munjal to step down from Hero MotoCorp Board on August 16
- 'Munnabhai' third part delayed due to Sanjay Dutt biopic: Arshad Warsi
- Companies likely to raise about $75 bn through issuance of green bonds in 2016
- Mayawati slur row: No relief for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh from Allahabad HC