Nagaland CM presents vote-on-account
Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio on Saturday presented vote-on-account of Rs 2913.43 crore for the first quarter of 2013-14.
Rio, who also holds the finance portfolio, presented a vote-on-account instead of a full-fledged budget as the current ministry came to power in the beginning of this month.
He also informed the House that the NPF-led DAN government would give thrust on development and improvement of road connectivity, youth and women empowerment, and development of tourism and service sector.
Rio said the amount sought to be passed is approximately one-third of the estimated expenditure for the entire financial year 2013-14.
Total receipts for the fiscal was placed at Rs 9260.51 crore and total expenditure estimated at Rs 8686.69 crore, reflecting a positive balance of Rs 573.46 crore in the Consolidated Fund of Nagaland.
After adjusting a deficit of Rs 609.24 crore in the Public Account, the current transaction of the year would result in a deficit of Rs 35.78 crore, he said.
Rio also said the closing deficit of the fiscal is being estimated at Rs 891.73 crore while the year 2013-14 is also estimated to close with a deficit of Rs 927.51 crore.
Discussion and approval of the vote-on-account would be conducted on March 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read