Nagaland CM presents vote-on-account
Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio on Saturday presented vote-on-account of Rs 2913.43 crore for the first quarter of 2013-14.
Rio, who also holds the finance portfolio, presented a vote-on-account instead of a full-fledged budget as the current ministry came to power in the beginning of this month.
He also informed the House that the NPF-led DAN government would give thrust on development and improvement of road connectivity, youth and women empowerment, and development of tourism and service sector.
Rio said the amount sought to be passed is approximately one-third of the estimated expenditure for the entire financial year 2013-14.
Total receipts for the fiscal was placed at Rs 9260.51 crore and total expenditure estimated at Rs 8686.69 crore, reflecting a positive balance of Rs 573.46 crore in the Consolidated Fund of Nagaland.
After adjusting a deficit of Rs 609.24 crore in the Public Account, the current transaction of the year would result in a deficit of Rs 35.78 crore, he said.
Rio also said the closing deficit of the fiscal is being estimated at Rs 891.73 crore while the year 2013-14 is also estimated to close with a deficit of Rs 927.51 crore.
Discussion and approval of the vote-on-account would be conducted on March 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview