Nagaland CM presents vote-on-account
Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio on Saturday presented vote-on-account of Rs 2913.43 crore for the first quarter of 2013-14.
Rio, who also holds the finance portfolio, presented a vote-on-account instead of a full-fledged budget as the current ministry came to power in the beginning of this month.
He also informed the House that the NPF-led DAN government would give thrust on development and improvement of road connectivity, youth and women empowerment, and development of tourism and service sector.
Rio said the amount sought to be passed is approximately one-third of the estimated expenditure for the entire financial year 2013-14.
Total receipts for the fiscal was placed at Rs 9260.51 crore and total expenditure estimated at Rs 8686.69 crore, reflecting a positive balance of Rs 573.46 crore in the Consolidated Fund of Nagaland.
After adjusting a deficit of Rs 609.24 crore in the Public Account, the current transaction of the year would result in a deficit of Rs 35.78 crore, he said.
Rio also said the closing deficit of the fiscal is being estimated at Rs 891.73 crore while the year 2013-14 is also estimated to close with a deficit of Rs 927.51 crore.
Discussion and approval of the vote-on-account would be conducted on March 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway