Nagaland CM requests Arun Jaitley for financial support
Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister TR Zeliang has requested Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to bail out the state from the current financial crisis.
The chief minister has apprised Jaitley of the state`s Balance from Current Revenues (BCR) of 2013-14 and the response from the previous union government to the problems faced by the state during a meeting with him in New Delhi yesterday, a communique issued by the Nagaland House Delhi, which reached here, said.
According to the communique, Zeliang told the Union Finance Minister Nagaland about the alleged discrimination shown to Nagaland by the previous UPA government whereas other states in the region such as Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya and Sikkim were provided with more than the fund required to cover their BCR.
Zeliang informed Jaitley that Nagaland received a meager amount of Rs 850 crore against the requirement of Rs 1440.35 crore to square up the BCR gap which caused the state to land on "unimaginable deficit," the communique said.
In response, Jaitley assured that all states would be invited for discussion soon after the reconstitution of the Planning Commission and would look into all the aspects of financial problems faced by various states, it said.
The chief minister was accompanied by the state Minister for Environment and Forest Dr Nicky Kire and Minister for Power Kipilli Sangtam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past