Nagaland CM Rio interchanges portfolios of 2 ministers
Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio has interchanged the portfolios of two of his ministers just two days after allotting them as they were apparently unhappy with the departments they were given charge of.
Noke Konyak has now been given public health engineering and Kiyaniele Peseyie social welfare after the change late last evening, official sources said on Thursday.
Rio had announced the portfolios of his ministers after being sworn in on March five.
Two MLAs, N Thongwang and Khriehu Liezie told PTI that the portfolios of Konyak and Peseyie were interchanged as they were unhappy with them and had approached Rio to change them.
The chief minister and his 11 ministers all belong to the Naga People`s Front which heads the Democratic Alliance of Nagaland government.
The NPF is supported by two alliance partners, BJP and JD(U) with one MLA each, while it has the unconditional support of 7 Independents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured