Nagaland CM Rio interchanges portfolios of 2 ministers
Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio has interchanged the portfolios of two of his ministers just two days after allotting them as they were apparently unhappy with the departments they were given charge of.
Noke Konyak has now been given public health engineering and Kiyaniele Peseyie social welfare after the change late last evening, official sources said on Thursday.
Rio had announced the portfolios of his ministers after being sworn in on March five.
Two MLAs, N Thongwang and Khriehu Liezie told PTI that the portfolios of Konyak and Peseyie were interchanged as they were unhappy with them and had approached Rio to change them.
The chief minister and his 11 ministers all belong to the Naga People`s Front which heads the Democratic Alliance of Nagaland government.
The NPF is supported by two alliance partners, BJP and JD(U) with one MLA each, while it has the unconditional support of 7 Independents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss
- 225 killed or missing in China torrential rains; 2.5 lakh people trapped