Nagaland CM Rio interchanges portfolios of 2 ministers
Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio has interchanged the portfolios of two of his ministers just two days after allotting them as they were apparently unhappy with the departments they were given charge of.
Noke Konyak has now been given public health engineering and Kiyaniele Peseyie social welfare after the change late last evening, official sources said on Thursday.
Rio had announced the portfolios of his ministers after being sworn in on March five.
Two MLAs, N Thongwang and Khriehu Liezie told PTI that the portfolios of Konyak and Peseyie were interchanged as they were unhappy with them and had approached Rio to change them.
The chief minister and his 11 ministers all belong to the Naga People`s Front which heads the Democratic Alliance of Nagaland government.
The NPF is supported by two alliance partners, BJP and JD(U) with one MLA each, while it has the unconditional support of 7 Independents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister