Nagaland CM Rio interchanges portfolios of 2 ministers
Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio has interchanged the portfolios of two of his ministers just two days after allotting them as they were apparently unhappy with the departments they were given charge of.
Noke Konyak has now been given public health engineering and Kiyaniele Peseyie social welfare after the change late last evening, official sources said on Thursday.
Rio had announced the portfolios of his ministers after being sworn in on March five.
Two MLAs, N Thongwang and Khriehu Liezie told PTI that the portfolios of Konyak and Peseyie were interchanged as they were unhappy with them and had approached Rio to change them.
The chief minister and his 11 ministers all belong to the Naga People`s Front which heads the Democratic Alliance of Nagaland government.
The NPF is supported by two alliance partners, BJP and JD(U) with one MLA each, while it has the unconditional support of 7 Independents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head