Nagaland Congress candidate and MLA dies
Kohima: Congress candidate and MLA of Tuensang Sadar-II Assembly constituency, P Chuba, died here Friday morning, party sources said.
Chang died following a brief illness at a hospital in Kohima this morning, Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee, general secretary (admn) Medokul Sophie said.
Nagaland Assembly polls will be held tomorrow.
Meanwhile, Chief Electoral Officer of Nagaland, J Alam said that as a result of the sudden death of the Congress candidate, polls for Tuensang Sadar-II seat will be withheld now.
He said Congress party would be given the opportunity to field another candidate within seven days and after that polling would be conducted in the constituency.
A funeral service was held at Chang Baptist Church, Kohima for the eternal peace of the departed soul. The last rites of Chang will be held in his village in Tuensang, Sophie said.
He had been Congress MLA from the constituency since 1998 and had been a minister during the then Congress regime.
The NPCC has also conveyed condolences to the bereaved families.
Ruling NPF candidate Elam Chang and Independent candidate Poyang Changkong Chang are the two other candidates for the constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested