Nagaland election: Re-poll in nine booths on Tuesday
Kohima: Re-election will be held at nine polling stations in as many assembly constituencies in Nagaland on Tuesday, Election Department said.
Re-election in the nine booths were ordered as the voting was adjourned because of disturbance by miscreants, clashes between supporters of political parties and candidates and damage of EVMs on February 23, a notification of the election department said.
Election was held in 59 constituencies for the 60-member Nagaland Assembly on February 23.
Polls to Tuensang Sadar-I was countermanded following the demise of Congress candidate P Chuba Chang on February 22 from where he was seeking re-election.
Counting will be held on February 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!