Nagaland govt honours meritorious students
Kohima: The Government of Nagaland today awarded laptop along with cash incentives of Rs 10,000 each and meritorious citation to 51 students for achieving top positions in Arts, Science and Commerce in Higher Secondary and University examinations 2013 conducted by Nagaland Board of School Education and Nagaland University.
The award was formally handed over by the Governor of Nagaland, Ashwani Kumar during the formal function organized by Higher Education Department at Durbar Hall in Raj Bhavan here this afternoon.
Addressing the gathering of the toppers and their parents as well as departmental staff of Higher Education, Nagaland Governor Ashwani Kumar said `the future of our next generation lies in our ability to align the education system today in such a manner that we are on the top of the development ladder in the next ten to fifteen years.`
Kumar stressed on the need of the contents of the syllabus to be directly relevant to the requirements of students and society so that the students can find gainful employment immediately after passing the schools and colleges.
Commissioner and Secretary for Higher Education, F P Solo in his introductory speech informed that the meritorious awards in the form of laptop, cash and citation to each of the top 10 rank holders in Class 12 examinations in arts, science and commerce and 21 toppers of various degree examinations, both honours and general in arts, science, commerce, business administration and computer application was constituted by the Department for the first time as incentives to the students and that it would be continued.
"These incentives and encouragement are part of the initiatives taken by the department to promote excellence and quality education in the state," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark