Nagaland Home Minister meets Rajnath Singh
Kohima: Nagaland Home Minister Y Patton called on Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh in New Delhi and raised the pending issues of the State before him, official sources here said on Wednesday.
During the meeting, Patton took up the issues of pathetic infrastructure facilities for the IRB Battalion, non-receipt of reimbursement claim from the government of West Bengal for deployment of Nagaland IRB Battalions in that state though the reimbursement claim was released by the Centre long time back, acute shortage of IAS and IPS officers in the state and appointment of interlocutor for Naga peace talks at the earliest, stated a release issued by PRO Nagaland House New Delhi, Kuolie Mere.
The Nagaland Home Minister suggested that the reimbursement claim be directly be released to the Nagaland government and not through the State government where IBR Battalion is deployed.
This, he said, would not only cut the delays in the receipt of reimbursement claim but also avoid the unnecessary red-tapism involved in the process.
The PRO Nagaland House said that the Union Home Minister appreciated the suggestion put forward by Patton and assured full cooperation to the State government on priority basis.
On Monday, Patton met Union Minister of State for Home, Kiren Rijiju in his office chamber in New Delhi to discuss similar issues pertaining to the state.
Patton took up the matter of construction of New Police Training Centre at Razaphema, Dimapur, and allocation of a special one-time grant for the renovation of police infrastructure in the State.
Rijiju, on his part, spoke highly of the effectiveness of the Nagaland IRB Battalion in tackling Naxals in Maoist affected state in the country and assured to address all the issues raised by Patton positively, the PRO said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!