Nagaland law and order has improved: Kaito
Kohima: Nagaland Home Minister G Kaito Aye on Wednesday called upon Naga underground groups to shun violence to establish permanent peace in the state, claiming that law and order in the state has improved.
Except for some incidents of violence in Dimapur which, according to him, was committed by insurgent groups from other parts of the North East, the overall law and order situation in the state has improved, the minister said here yesterday.
The Home Minister expressed hope that these activities by different insurgent groups would stop after a formal closed-door meeting with the top brass of Nagaland police and other security forces along with superintendents and deputy commissioners of all the 11 districts.
"Infiltration of insurgent groups from other parts of the region would be checked," he said.
He said he would be meeting the top brass of the state police at Police Headquarters here on March 21, while the meeting with SPs and DCs would be held sometime next month to take first-hand information on the entire state.
Kaito also said that as the Home Minister, he will undertake coordination meetings with other central paramilitary forces and Assam Rifles deployed in the state.
Kaito said he would also meet the top leaders of the Naga underground groups.
"Though the Naga underground groups have entered into a ceasefire with the central government, the state government has not been taken into confidence," he said.
Efforts would be made to bring the factions together and unitedly pursue their common goal to find a solution to the vexed Naga political issue, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report